By George

Pub 256. The George, 10th March 2014.


Apologies for the Google picture, but as this is one of least photogenic pubs in Camden I don't think it matters much. I think the exterior tells you want sort of pub it's going to be.


Very modern, probably wanting to be more of a wine bar with that odd smell of cleaner hanging heavy in the air. The barmaid was nice and the Doom Bar was a snip at £3.60 - I think. But it tasted a bit funny. I drank it mind, but didn't stop for another. The array of worryingly large loud speakers on the wall didn't bode well for when it's busy.
The big opening windows and outside area at the front might be nice on a hot day, but there again I prefer to be inside a pub whatever the weather. I'm sure the local profs and suits like it here though.

No comments:

Post a Comment